What is the Private Vote card?
Democratically make decisions as a group. Eliminate all but one thing, or find the top three things.
Help the team make decisions together, without being led by any one individual (the 'bandwagon effect'). Private voting neutralises any dominating personalities or opinions in the decision-making process.
How to use the Private Vote card
1. With a marker, clearly number each of the things you want the group to decide on: 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.
2. Ensure the group understands what they are going to vote on by allowing time for each person to explain the items up for vote.
3. Explain that each person has three votes each, to use in any way they like. You’re allowed to vote on your own items, or put all three votes on one thing!
4. Ask each person in the group to write down the numbers of the items they are voting for on a sticky note.
5. Once voting is finished, retrieve the votes from the participants. Count the votes and write the quantities on the items so everyone can clearly see the result of the voting.