What is the Big Beats card?
Describe why your idea matters using a simple but powerful story structure.
Get a pointed set of prompts to help you explore the problem your idea solves, and the reason it’s worth solving.
How to use the Big Beats card
1. Spend up to 10 minutes exploring each of the following themes, creating a Mind Map for each.
• What conflict or difficulty exists today that your idea might help defuse?
• What gap exists between a user’s ideal future, and their present state?
• What choices might they be torn between, that your idea helps them make sense of?
• What might be stopping them accepting your idea?
• What actually happens when someone interacts with your idea?
• What are the inputs?
• How does it respond to them?
• What are the key moments?
• How does it feel?
• How is the world different because of your idea?
• Why would someone feel good after interacting with it?
• If a problem has been solved, what new possibilities does that open up?
2. Pick out whatever feels intuitively true from your notes, and then either write out a version of your story or visualise it with a Storyboard.