What is the Daily Sharing card?
Form habits of sharing work early and often without eating into your team’s precious time.
Working in the open helps with collaboration, improves culture and helps prevent repeat work. People are busy by default; start changing behaviours with small habits. Spend 30 seconds a day sharing what you’re working on right now.
“All big things come from small beginnings. The seed of every habit is a single, tiny decision. But as that decision is repeated, a habit sprouts and grows stronger.” – James Clear
How to use the Daily Sharing card
1. Pick a shared area the whole team can access. A Slack channel works well.
2. At an agreed time (it needs to work for all) ask the team “what are you working on?”.
3. People share their work. Encourage conversation, reactions and collaboration.
4. The person who asks the question today nominates someone to do it tomorrow, so every day somebody makes it happen.
Tip: communal rituals like this have a tendency to die if they’re left to one person. Make sure the whole team own it.
To kick it off with your team, explain:
• If you spend more than 30 seconds a day preparing for this, it’s way too much.
• You can share anything, a screenshot of a polished design, a paper prototype, a photo of a team out researching or even an email or spreadsheet. The goal is to share early and often.
• Sum up your post in a sentence, keeping it