What is the Lean Updates card?
Discuss what matters across your different teams and disciplines without it becoming a chore or slowing you down.
Fostering a culture of sharing regularly can be tough, but it’s vitally important to create efficient, motivated teams. By sharing bite-sized updates in an open forum, you encourage everyone to contribute in a way that becomes habitual. And over time you can look back at the progress you’ve all made.
How to use the Lean Updates card
1. Create a table with the following information:
2. Set a timer for 5 minutes. Ask people to update the first three columns next to their name.
3. Give people another 5 minutes to read through everyone’s answers. Ask the group to write any questions they have in the fourth column.
Is somebody in my team working on this? Do I have information that may not be known? Is there anybody else who should know about this?
4. Go through the questions together as a group. Do a Who, What, When for any actions.
• Use a new tab for each week with the name DD/MM/YY.
• Add a tab to describe each team’s focus.
• Use this to help onboard new starters.