What is the Ritual Reset card?
Reflect on and re-evaluate your team meetings and processes to create more space for what matters.
“If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be ‘meetings’.” – Dave Barry
How to use the Ritual Reset card
1. Write down a list of all the current rituals within the group, for example: Stand-ups, Show and Tells, Community of Practice.
2. Draw the following on a large board and ask the team to add all their rituals. If you need extra rows or columns it’s fine to add them.
3. Ask the team to Private Vote which rituals could be removed completely.
4. Discuss each of the voted-for rituals, considering: what was the purpose of the ritual? Is anybody likely to miss important information if it is removed? What are the reasons for keeping this ritual?
5. For the rituals you agree on removing, use Who, What, When? to make it happen.
6. Use Inclusive Meetings to dig into the meetings that need to be improved.